Ground Floor, Main Hospital Building
Thank you for your interest in the Charlotte Hungerford Hospital’s Volunteer Program. We are truly grateful for our volunteers who work with us throughout the year. Their dedication to our hospital is invaluable.
Volunteering is a great way to make positive contributions to your community or explore a new career. As a volunteer, you directly contribute to our mission of providing compassionate and quality care to the people of northwest Connecticut.
Below you can find more information on the Hospital’s active volunteer program. If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Services Program office at 860-496-6349 or email: email@example.com
The Charlotte Hungerford Hospital Volunteer Program provides essential, supplementary and complementary services to patients, families, visitors and staff. The Program has over 170 volunteers in both non-clinical and clinical areas, including at the Information Desk, Gift Shop, Financial Services, and as Patient Representatives. Our volunteers range in age from 16 to 94 and log over 18,000 hours every year. We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds, as each volunteer can make unique contributions to the Hospital. The Volunteer Program at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital has approximately 130 traditional volunteers and over 30 junior volunteers that make a profound and positive difference in the Hospital’s daily operations.
Volunteer positions at CHH will be posted here as they become available.
Please mail, fax or email completed applications to the Volunteer Coordinator
1) Time Commitment: The volunteer must commit to serving at least three to four hours each week for a minimum of six months
2) Age: The volunteer must be at least 16 years of age
3) Uniform and Badge: The volunteer must wear uniform and photo ID badge while volunteering
4) Background Check: The volunteer must consent to a thorough criminal background check
Benefits of Being a Volunteer at CHH:
1) Free influenza vaccination
2) Individuals that volunteer at least four hours will receive a free/discounted meal in the CHH cafeteria
3) Invitations to events and award ceremonies for our volunteers
Our Special Volunteers
We are very grateful to all our many current dedicated volunteers and chaplains who work with us throughout the year. Thanks for all you do!
Father Peter Aduba
Rev William Ashburn
Pastor Don Carpenter
Rev Bobbie Chapman
Rabbi Joseph Eisenbach
Sister Rosemarie Greco
Mary Ann Ring
Rev. Carolyn Scotti
Father Robert Tucker