Bridges Extended Day Program
50 Litchfield Street
Program Hours for our Day Treatment Program at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital in Connecticut:
Clinical Staff are on site: 10 am – 6pm daily
Children are in program 3-6pm daily
Bridges Extended Day Treatment Program ( EDT) at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is an intensive group milieu day treatment program for youth; guiding children ages 6-12, who have experienced an acute level of behavioral /and or emotional challenges at home, school and in the community. These children are at risk of being removed from the community or being hospitalized. Children’s needs, in the EDT level of care, cannot be met within a traditional out-patient setting, as they have shown little movement or progress towards treatment goals in the outpatient setting.
The Charlotte Hungerford Hospital EDT program offers a variety of services provided by its multidisciplinary team (Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist, Clinical Manager, Clinicians, and Psychiatric Technicians)
- A Comprehensive Assessment of the child in the context of the family and community systems.
- A Psychiatric Evaluation, consultation and medication management with the Child Psychiatrist.
- A Treatment Plan developed with the family and child with consultation from the multidisciplinary team.
- A Group Therapy milieu to address the individualized treatment plan goals/objectives
- Individual and Family therapy
- Parent Support and Educational groups
- Multi-Family therapy group
- Art therapy and therapeutic recreation activities.
- Consultation and behavioral planning with schools and other community providers.
The Clinical Staff at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital in Connecticut are trained in the Engaging Families and Risking Connect Models as well as in Project Joy. The Clinical Manager of the day treatment program is trained in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and works to supervise from and promote a trauma informed system of care/treatment.