Adolescent Partial Hospital Program at CHH’s Mental Health Facilities
540 Litchfield Street
Partial Hospital Building
Torrington, CT 06790
Adolescent partial hospital program:
Monday through Friday, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Charlotte Hungerford’s Adolescent partial hospital program in Connecticut’s staff works closely with local schools in coordinating and scheduling services to minimize interruption of education.
The Adolescent Partial Hospital Program at Connecticut’s Charlotte Hungerford Hospital provides comprehensive therapeutic services for mental illness and depression to adolescents (ages 13-18) and their families based on individual need and stage of recovery. The program at our mental health facilities provide an intensive therapeutic environment and partial hospital program five days a week for adolescents in the process of recovery from recent and severe mental health or co-occurring disorders. The goal of our treatment centers for depression and mental health treatment is to minimize symptoms with relapse prevention and optimize an adolescent’s overall level of functioning.
Goals of Treatment for Mental Illness and Depression
- Treat presenting psychiatric, behavioral, and emotional symptoms at our impatient mental health facilities
- Assist in developing successful coping and stress management skills
- Provide medication evaluation for mental illness and depression as needed
- Assist in the transition from residential or inpatient facility to the community
- Help in developing communication, leisure, and relational skills to improve overall quality of life and functioning