The Charlotte Hungerford Hospital will be commemorating Global Earth Day with activities and special sales on Monday, April 22, in the hospital cafeteria, 540 Litchfield Street, Torrington. The public is invited to stop and enjoy the festivities with hospital staff from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and learn ways everyone can adopt a green lifestyle.
The event is sponsored by the hospital’s “Green Team”, a group of staff members that share a desire and commitment to making CHH a leader in protecting and conserving natural resources while remaining fiscally responsible and committed to patient safety and comfort.
The day’s festivities will include
- Displays and information on the hospital’s conservation efforts and ways everyone help.
- Special plant sale sponsored by White Flower Farm to benefit the Charlotte Hungerford Hospital Auxiliary.
- Shaklee brand green household cleaning products available for purchase.
- Special Earth Day menu items available for purchase at the CHH Café.
- Info on CL&P and Yankee Gas energy conservation programs.
- Info on Ambit Energy discount electricity information. Bring a current electric current bill.
- Door prize – A Recover Mask Treatment from the Seacret Line of skin care products
- CHH/Morrison Healthcare Food Services putting game and free special dessert.
The green revolution is alive and well at CHH thanks to many dedicated employees, environmentally conscious team members represent areas of the hospital and off-site facilities including purchasing, nursing, behavioral health and community relations. Team members meet monthly to assess, plan and implement eco-friendly practices to help improve resource consumption and eliminate waste. They also ensure CHH is compliant with stage recycling mandates, work with vendors and educate employees on important green-related issues. The team was created after an employee perception survey indicated many staff members wished to adopt more centralized recycling and conservation methods.
The Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 109 bed, general acute care hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment. One Thousand Caregivers, One Job, Your Health. Visit www.charlottehungertford.org for information.