The Charlotte Hungerford Hospital Connections Program for ASD Treatment
CHH Center of Youth and Families
50 Litchfield Street
Torrington, CT 06790
The Connections program at CT’s Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is an interactive therapeutic program designed for autism treatment for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder or ASD. Children referred to the ASD treatment program at our autism treatment center will have the opportunity to participate in individual, family, and group therapy utilizing best practice approaches for working with this specialized population. Since every child with ASD is uniquely different, an individualized approach to autism child treatment is the hallmark of this ASD treatment program. As ASD has core deficits in social, communication, sensory, and language skills, a structured curriculum for autism child treatment or ASD treatment including multi-sensory learning guides group treatment methods. Co-occurring mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, and impulsivity are also a prominent treatment focus for kids referred to the Connections Program for autism therapy or autism child treatment.
The Connections Program for ASD Treatment at Charlotte Hungerford Hospital’s Autism Treatment Center involves:
- A psycho-social assessment of social, adaptive, family, school, and community functioning.
- Parent/family support for autism child treatment and education on diagnosis and available resources.
- Individual autism therapy targeting adaptive and behavioral goals.
- Strength based family support services at our autism treatment center.
- Group therapy to strengthen social skills, sensory processing, communication, and coping techniques.
- Collaboration with the school and other community providers.
- Referral to psychiatric services in autism treatment for children as needed.